As their name implies, bed bugs are commonly associated with areas where we sleep but may spread to adjacent rooms. Bed bugs move via hitchhiking and often hide within 8-10 feet of bedding areas but can move more than 100 feet to obtain a blood meal.
Bed bugs can live in the seams of mattresses, bed frames, headboards, and box springs, but they are not just in beds. They can be in chair cushions, sofas, behind electrical outlets, cracks and crevices around baseboards, behind wall paper or picture frames and in or under any clutter or objects near a bed or lounging area.
- Being unique in their hiding ability and that some people sustain no adverse reaction to the bites, they can go unnoticed for a long time or until a serious infestation occurs.
- Once settled in, bed bugs do not like to be disturbed, so low to moderate infestations are found in areas less likely to be disturbed. Instinctively, they will seek shelter in dark cracks and crevices when they are disturbed.
- Sanitation has nothing to do with whether you get them or not. Bed bugs don’t care if it’s clean or dirty.
- They prefer constant temperatures (i.e. paper, cloth) and do not like drafty areas where there is air movement and will move from those areas.
- They love rough materials, unfinished wood, paper, cloth and dark areas hidden away in cracks and crevices. It is not uncommon to find a lone isolated bed bug in a certain area.
- Like vampires in the night, these insects normally lay dormant during daylight hours in small cracks and crevices and come out at night to feed on blood. Peak activity usually occurs from midnight to 7:00 A.M. but will adjust their life style according to yours.
- Bed bugs can easily hitchhike on a persons clothing or belongings
- Cluttered areas have significant impact on how efficiently you eliminate them.
- In most abstracts written about bed bugs you will find that adult bed bugs have a remarkable ability to survive from 4 months to 2 years depending on regular access to blood meals and favorable temperatures.
- They do not jump or fly.
- Bed bugs are sloppy housekeepers leaving telltale signs where ever they are present and where ever they go. They congregate in colonies, excrete liquid fecal matter (old blood meal) and molt where ever they please. During moderate and high infestations you will find all of these telltale signs including a sweet musty smell.
Recommended products from Amazon.com, Prime users can get items in 1 day.
Price: $18.95Was: $49.99